About this job
Compensation: $90k - 130k | Equity
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: Backend Developer
Industry: Market Research, Marketplace
Company size: 11-50 people
Company type: Private
node.js, docker, java, neo4j
Respondent is the world’s first marketplace for scheduling research interviews with any target audience, anywhere in the world. We enable companies of all sizes to discover the power of conducting market research interviews with high-quality participants; that’s why more than 2,500 user experience researchers, marketers, product designers and other stakeholders at some of the best companies in the world - like Airbnb, IBM, Salesforce and many more - use Respondent every day.
Work hard, and take responsibility for your own freedom. That's us. Self-motivated, research-focused, and a smart thinker with experience in dealing with backend engineering and data at scale...is that you?
You will be working with the CTO and four other engineers. Remote US only
####Please include a note in your application######
What you'll do:
- Build scalable backend applications to support the growing needs of the business
- Grow and expand capabilities of our Neo4j cluster
- Work with both SQL and NoSQL databases and caching technologies like Redis.
- Scale our infrastructure and introduce technologies like Kubernetes and Docker
- Build complex matching systems
- Manage projects and collaborate with key stakeholders
- Improve and scale our Node.js applications
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core features, end to end.
Who you are
- At least 5+ years experience managing production environments
- Experience with Neo4j is essential
- A BS degree in Computer Science or other related technical fields
- Production experience with Kubernetes and Docker (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Experience with Node.js applications - most of our stack
- Experience with any of the following languages: Python, C#, Java
- Excellent technical communication skills, the ability to elaborate complex technical concepts and collaborate effectively with fellow engineers
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning
Work remotely from anywhere
Flexible schedule and a goal-oriented culture
Competitive salary and opportunity to grow with the company
Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat motivated team
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified applicants receive a few questions to answer
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute intro call with our CTO
- Next, Candidates will be invited to schedule a behavioral interview with the CEO
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a technical interview with our CTO. The technical interview can be split between a technical discussion and a technical test.
- Next, candidates will be invited to review the technical test with our CTO and other software engineers.
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an additional interview with (CEO, CTO, COO)
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
- As always, the interviews and screening call will be conducted via a video call.
This is a full time position - No Contractor
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, fits in well with our team, and elevates our game. A sense of humor, a lack of ego, and a desire to do great work is essential.
var note = require('note'); note.writeIntro();