TestLauncher is the country's (Canada) fastest-growing context-driven software testing company, taking on the challenges of innovating the testing industry. We are growing. As an entity of our own (self-funded and profitable). As a supporter of SaaS. As a team. Testing in every sense of the word is a part of our present and all of our future. TestLauncher's strategy is focused on test quality, speed of service, and flexibility for growing software companies worldwide using our own unique brand of test process that maximizes test efficiency and effectiveness. Our mission is to bring the best testing practices to SaaS worldwide based on our extensive research and experience.
If you want to enter the world of software testing and be part of the change and growth of one of Canada's next biggest startup, this is your chance. TestLauncher is looking for a is looking for a full-time QA Automation Developer based in Toronto (or Southern Ontario) Canada. Applications outside Southern Ontario will also be considered.
This is an opportunity for a QA Automation Developer who is eager to innovate, quick to learn and grow into a Fullstack role. An opportunity to be part of a team that is responsive to the needs of our diverse customers. A fun team, that shares technical, informational and pop-culture knowledge.
This is a unique chance for a QA Automation Developer who wants to be part of building an engaging experience for millions of users who we test for; learn from purposeful failure and work in a lean, Agile environment. A chance to:
• Follow a Test-driven development (TDD) process when appropriate.
• Perform web A/B tests
• Research, implement and adhere to high-quality standards of automation testing.
• Perform all forms of testing and contribute to the existing code based on insights gained from automation testing.
• Integrate Test Automation execution into existing Continuous Integration workflow with Atlassian Bamboo, Stash, CrossBrowserTesting and other frameworks such as CircleCI/Jenkins etc.
• Ability to automate complex integration tests
• Ability to write iOS objective-C code in our app to support testing
• Ability to think outside the box to find ways to automate tests that others may think can't
• You have experience working with iOS in app purchases and sandbox accounts
We welcome people who are strong collaborators and feel they can contribute in non-traditional ways. If you're passionate about testing you love technology, learning and bringing out the best in others, you'll love working at TestLauncher.
Who you are and where are you now?
You are a Developer with an interest in QA Automation seeking an opportunity to work on the next upcoming brand. You may be a new grad with deep project experience or you may have a few years work experience. Either way, you are looking for an opportunity to join a company with a purpose and with a commitment to supporting the career progression of your colleagues.
What's in it for you?
Work with cutting edge tech and mobile devices. To achieve that goal, with no downtime, takes a robust infrastructure, powerful technologies, reliable solutions and rewarding work. All of which requires stringent automated testing and processes.
Belonging: You will be part of a team that embraces diversity and at its core, truly cares about software and the world of testing.
Career growth: TestLauncher is fully invested in our people. Whatever it is you want to pursue whether it's a new programming language or a technical solution, whether it's expanding your Agile knowledge or building an audience-facing platform. We will provide you with the time, resources and championing that you need to keep your career here rewarding.
Why join us?
TestLauncher reflects the ideal software testing company environment and workplace. Our values - teamwork, learning and continuous improvement- embody who we are as a people-focused, digital-forward employer. We offer a rare-in-tech work-life balance with flexible schedules and an excellent benefits package. We want to ensure you are happy in and out of the office.
Collaboration. We follow lean startup principles and use an Agile approach when available with our customers. Our dedicated Test Leads work closely with every individual to ensure we are leveraging their strengths, championing their ideas and supporting their pursuit of new skills and career progression.
Learning. From simply buying a book or recommending a course to one-on-ones, our leadership team is focused on creating an atmosphere where people feel fulfilled. Our team members are given opportunities to learn and work cross-functionally across multiple projects.
What you bring:
• The education: A Computer Science, Engineering degree or equivalent is preferred, but we know not everyone gains their programming skills this way. You have the knowledge and understanding of software automation best - and latest - practices.
• The passion: You have a passion for information and technology. You are enthusiastic about the opportunity to support our Automation strategy.
• The desire to learn: You can quickly learn new technologies and respond to change by adapting.
• The communication skills: You know how to listen and relay empathy and understanding for diverse perspectives. Your powers of observation help you understand your audience and communicate with the right level of detail.
• The collaborative approach: You thrive in a team-focused environment. You can provide guidance and direction for agile teams who want to adopt automation.
• The Agile experience: You believe in the Agile methodology deeply but you are flexible and open to the real world twists and turns. You are comfortable with iterative and incremental development.
Think this job is meant for you but worried you don't have it all? At TestLauncher we know that not everyone takes the same path when it comes to building their skills. You can read about the various backgrounds the talented people that make up our team bring to us here.
Hands-on experience, intelligence, innovation, a passion for learning and a team-focused approach can combine to form the best set of qualifications. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking; and you are excited by the possibility of growing our company, take a chance and express your interest here.
As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada's context-driven software testing leader.
TestLauncher is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us directly ([email protected]).
To apply: Send a resume to [email protected]