About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a calmer, more balanced, more fulfilling way to work and live.
We envision a future in which people can work without distractions from anywhere in the world on things that they are passionate about, and then unplug at the end of the day with the reassuring peace-of-mind that their tasks and teamwork are accounted for.
We are a multidisciplinary team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and seek to change how productivity tools are made.
When you become a Doister, you’re not only joining a global, remote-first company, but a team of 62 people (and counting!) who value:
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- Taking care of ourselves and each other
- Empowering people to live fulfilling lives
- Making long-term decisions, even if they’re harder
Our values aren’t just meant to paint a nice picture—they are the core of how we think, work, and interact.
We invite you to learn more about us, our values, and how we work at our Ambition & Balance blog.
As a Windows Engineer, you'll to help us grow on Microsoft's platforms, primarily Windows 10 and Office 365. Specifically, you'll work on making our Todoist app, a best-in-class on Windows 10. We want to make sure our app is rock solid from a technical perspective and don't shy away from investing into refactoring.
The Windows team has a tight collaboration that moves collectively using short and intense sprints. That means you'll be focused on outputs while providing and receiving valuable feedback to help you and your team grow. You'll also have the opportunity to work in cross-functional teams (such as the design team and other platform teams) to implement major new features together from end to end and shape and deliver functionality that spans multiple platforms.
In this role, passion for what you do is the best trait you can have because you'll have the ability to make an impact with a global product. The most successful Doisters take initiative, learn quickly, and are comfortable with working both autonomously and collaboratively.
Who you'll be working most closely with:
- Christoph K.; Windows Developer from Vienna, Austria. A relatively new dad, Christoph can change a diaper in under 30 seconds!
- Jan K.; Head of Windows from the Czech Republic.
Scott L.; Windows Developer from Poole, England. Scott has been a Microsoft MVP since 2007
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will grow for decades to come. We’ve built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- Work-Life balance. That means 8 hours of work, 5 days each week (for a total of 40 hours) because the time you spend outside of work is just as important as the time you spend working.
- Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you please and on a schedule that works best for you. All you need is a computer and access to a stable internet connection (which we sponsor!).
- Generous paid vacation + national holidays. You’ll receive 5 weeks of paid time off + national holidays where you live.
- Paid parental leave. 18 weeks of paid maternity leave and 5 weeks of paid paternity/adoption leave.
- Education stipend. You’ll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing.
- Healthy snacks. You’ll have a budget to spend on fruit, nuts, and any other healthy snacks you need to keep you energized throughout the day.
- Annual company retreats. Although we work remotely, we still enjoy bringing the whole team together to get to know each other, bond, and have face-to-face discussions in places like Spain (2015), Iceland (2016), Greece (2017), and Chile (2018).
- Amazing people. Being a part of the Doist team means you get to work with incredibly diverse, talented people who also enjoy having fun!
- And much more!
All information collected through this application is stored in Workable, Doist’s Applicant Tracking System, where it will be used for recruitment purposes only. For more information on how we handle candidate data at Doist, we invite you to review our recruitment privacy notice(https://workable.com/nr?l=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fdocument%2Fd%2F1QeOFjp53JeGtfTCxluScbeuRgGeOeRuLA1y7HP-bpU%2Fedit%3Fusp%3Dsharing). For questions, please contact us at [email protected]._
Skills & requirements
We're looking for someone who has:
- A passion for c# and a solid understanding of how modern .NET apps are built, including dependency injection.
- Stable footing in XAML. We will help you fill in the gaps.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Bonus: Experience with Office 365 APIs and/or Angular
- Bonus: A UWP / Windows Phone 8 / Windows 8 app in the Store