About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level, Senior
Company size: 11-50 people
Company type: VC Funded
linux, bash, kubernetes, docker, networking
The Robotic Infrastructure Engineer is passionate about creating infrastructure and processes that span the entire product life-cycle of our robots. This includes laying the foundation to automate the deployment. You are updating and monitoring our growing robot fleet and ensuring site reliability, resiliency, optimization, and redundancy. You are an experienced, motivated engineer striving toward automation and optimization. You will play an integral role in helping Savioke scale our product offering in a nimble and iterative fashion. We are looking for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises.
- Ensure a high degree of reliability in our world-wide fleet of robots
- Monitor and configure the network infrastructure for our robots and cloud services
- Bridge the gap between Operations and Engineering
- Develop instrumentation for monitoring, detection, and self-correction of failures
- Take charge of our cloud and VPN infrastructure
- Experience with Linux (ideally Ubuntu) administration, tools and shell scripting
- Working knowledge of networking and Linux network configuration
- Experience deploying and running web services in the cloud (GCP or AWS)
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps or IT
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools like Puppet, Ansible, and/or Chef
- Experience with firewall configuration and network security.
- Experience with source control tools such as Git/Github, branching and development workflow.
- Experience with log management and visualization systems like Elastic Search (ELK stack), Splunk, SignalFX or similar.
Savioke is building a fleet of autonomous robots that are revolutionizing the services industry, starting with robots that deliver small items to guests in hotels and nurses in hospitals. We are excited to be building robots that are doing useful work and are touching people’s lives on a daily basis. Our Relay robots have completed more than 350,000 deliveries to healthcare personnel, guests in hotels, and electronics repair technicians. While driving thousands of kilometers autonomously, Relays delight everyone who sees them.