About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Role: QA/Test Developer
Industry: Automotive, Transportation
Company size: 11-50 people
qa, testing, automated-tests
We are an innovative and fast-paced technology company developing leading edge tools for the retail automotive industry. You will be part of an experienced highly-engaged team building amazing user/customer experiences that will help transform the way cars are sold and serviced.
This position focuses on leading QA efforts and building associated structure as well as participating on other product related efforts as a Business Analyst. Specifically, this role will be responsible for developing and maintaining QA process leading up to and during the release process, training others involved in the process, and generally helping ensure the overall quality of function and user experience. Other activities may include analyzing support issues, writing/evaluating requirements, and assisting with product/feature rollout.
Experience in the automotive software industry or related is highly desirable. Proven experience working on a small team in a fast-paced startup type environment is required. Proven ability to effectively collaborate with a variety of roles required. The abilities to work independently, wear many hats, and adapt to changes in a rapid and iterative environment are critical. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate with experience and success in the described environment to grow with our team.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development, continuous improvement, and management of QA process
- Identifying, reproducing and documenting issues
- Preparing test scripts and plans for new and existing products and features
- Training and leading others involved in QA
- Effectively working directly with engineers, product owners, management etc.
- Wireframing, documenting new features, issues, etc.
- Communicating and demonstrating new features/products to various stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining expertise on products and industry
Attributes / Position Requirements:
- Experience in a startup/entrepreneurial product-oriented environment required
- Experience testing software products and enhancements required
- Experience developing test plans and process required
- Experience with car dealerships and/or automotive retail software (or similar) desired
- Experience testing/supporting web and mobile products required
- Ability to write basic SQL queries and high-level technical knowledge required
- Ability to produce mockups/wireframes and requirements required
- Ability to tackle complex problems and challenges with minimal supervision required
- Experience with Jira a plus
- Certifications in Agile, IIBA, PMI, etc. a plus